Saturday April 27, 2019
A Free Aviation Event
Presented By The First Canadian Ninety‑Nines
And Durham Flight Centre
Event Activities 9:00am to 4:00pm
Take a FREE Flight in a general aviation aircraft:
- For girls and young women, aged 8 to 25 years old
- Only for those who have never flown in a small aircraft before
- Registration in advance is required
- Signed liability waiver is required
- Discovery Flight Registration opens in April
Everyone Is Welcome (no registration required):
- Aviation activities
- Get information about Aviation and Aerospace Careers
- Interact with women of aviation, present and future
- Airline pilots from Porter and Air Georgian
- General Aviation Pilots (recreational, instructor, student)
- Aerospace Engineer
- Aviation Mechanic
- Air traffic control
- Royal Canadian Air Force
- Air Cadets
- Get up close and personal with some cool aircraft Click for details
- Porter Q400 airliner
- Canadian Forces CH-147F Chinook helicopter (tentative - subject to availability)
- Durham Regional Police JetRanger helicopter
- Pitts Special S2 aerobatic aircraft
- Schweizer SGS 2-33A Glider
- Aero L-29 Delfin military jet
- Piper Navajo Chieftan
- Look at a Fire Truck and talk with Fire Fighters
- Browse aviation industry displays
- Tour a Bombardier Q400 Aircraft
- Porter Airlines is bringing a Q400 to Oshawa for the event with an all-female crew!
- The aircraft will be parked on the ramp outside Enterprise Airlines and will be available for tours!
Girls Take Flight Oshawa is an event hosted by the First Canadian Chapter of the Ninety-Nines and Enterprise Airlines/Durham Flight Centre to introduce girls and women to aviation.
This event is run entirely by volunteers.
Pilots donate their fuel and aircraft for girls and women who have never been for a flight in a small aircraft.
Enterprise Airlines / Durham Flight Centre
Oshawa Municipal Airport
1190 Keith Ross Drive
There is parking along Keith Ross Drive.
Also, watch for signs indicating parking
availability at local businesses.
There is also a large parking lot
at the Main Terminal on Airport Blvd.
Professional photographers take pictures during the event. Find your photo in our photo gallery.