A Free Aviation Event
Presented By The First Canadian Ninety-Nines
And Durham Flight Centre
Saturday April 29, 2017
1190 Keith Ross Drive, Oshawa
Oshawa Executive Airport
9:00am to 4:00pm
- Everyone Is Welcome (no registration required):
- Aviation activities
- Build a wooden wing rib
- Make a balsa wood glider
- Learn about airport operations and aircraft procedures
- Try out a PC Flight Simulator
- Talk like a pilot, using the phonetic alphabet
- Get information about Aviation and Aerospace Careers
- Watch presentations by inspiring women of aviation
- Interact with women of aviation, present and future:
- Pilots (airline, recreational, aerobatic, instructor, student)
- Flight test engineer
- Air traffic controller
- Royal Canadian Air Force personnel
- Air Cadets
- Get up close and personal with some cool aircraft
- Porter Airlines Q400
- Durham Regional Police JetRanger helicopter
- Pitts Special S2 aerobatic aircraft
- Powered Paraglider
- Glider and towplane (tentative)
- Browse aviation industry displays
- Tour a Bombardier Q400 Aircraft
- Porter Airlines is bringing a Q400 to Oshawa for the event with an all-female crew!
- The aircraft will be parked on the ramp outside Enterprise Airlines and will be available for tours!
Girls Take Flight Oshawa is an event hosted by the First Canadian Chapter of the Ninety-Nines and Enterprise Airlines/Durham Flight Centre to introduce girls and women to aviation.
This event is run entirely by volunteers.
Pilots donate their fuel and aircraft for girls and women who have never been for a flight in a small aircraft.
To find out how you can volunteer to help, CLICK HERE.
Enterprise Airlines / Durham Flight Centre
Oshawa Municipal Airport
1190 Keith Ross Drive
There is parking along Keith Ross Drive.
Also, watch for signs indicating parking
availability at local businesses.
There is also a large parking lot
at the Main Terminal on Airport Blvd.